Friday, August 28, 2015

PSA



The following is written by Deborah K. Moss.
Friday, August 28, 2015

PSA
I have officially de-sistered my sisters. 
Rachel, Becki, and Becki's husband James spent the entire week of our father's funeral glancing at their cell phones and mentioning things I had said either in the confidence of my mother or alone.  Apparently, my mother's cell phone was recording and broadcasting our every intimate conversation without our knowledge.  As a non cell phone owner and user, I am not the authority on these manmade devices; thus, I still cannot explain this to my mother. 
I want to inform everyone of this type of organized harassment.  A majority of my family members present at the funeral participated in this bizarre form of exploitative  abuse.  They said things on topics I had mentioned over a month earlier as if they had been practicing memorized lines for a play designed solely to creep me out.  I had blood relatives lying to my face about our shared history. 
What do you do when you are thrown down someone else's rabbit hole?  The best I could do is live through yet another odd circumstance. 

I am under 5' tall, which, when coupled with my approachable face and introverted personality, has made me physically vulnerable.  I am the type of person who does the best to avoid abuse and when it finds me it is because of proximity.  Once I recognize it, I attempt to nip it in the bud, but it is often like talking to the creepy old man oddly out of place at a concert or club full of twenty-somethings.  He generally just sees you as a child who doesn't know what you are talking about and approaches when the mature sisters or friends leave to buy a drink or go to the toilet, attempting to corner you.  He does not take you seriously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment