Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Clear Memory

West Pier (burnt down), Brighton, U.K., September 8, 1995
When I was home in November 2012 and experiencing what I kindly referred to as my near-enlightenment, my mind rushed back through all of my timeline unlocking all of my memories. Then, it rushed forward to the strangeness of the present. I don't wish for anyone to ever have to relive their life in that way, but it did flood back a lot of the great memories in crystal clear detail, complete with sound and smell memories. I was literally there, in my mind, with a friend in his old car with the glass of ice water on the dashboard. I was there on the pebble beach of Brighton perplexed by the strange swimming pool.  I was walking the pedestrian path through Bournemouth to Boscombe, walking past the Salvation Army Hall.
Now, some of the memories have been rearranged and refiled and are not just like yesterday, as I think they should be. But, do you remember a golden Buddha at a closed drive-thru restaurant in Gainesville?

Debbie, age 20, Royal Pavilion, Brighton, England, September 8, 1995


BT Phonebox, Brighton, September 8, 1995  - Quite a contrast to the phoneboxes of Bournemouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment