Monday, July 14, 2014

Colored Capsules




Compound pharmacy staffed by nurses
Capsules remind me of Fahrenheit 451, especially with my empty stomach


Large and white one day
blue and blue
blue and red
red and blue
blue and white
white and red, too


The colors of flags
Does this make any sense?
Same medication in a different wrapping today


Through the window, I see them back there making this stuff
The same ones who monitor us


Is this all the same as they tell me?
At least the largest capsules feel half-empty


Trying to find reality, in a land where nurses choose to live chaotically 


Medication Time, people line-up
I stand in my doorway watching


Over-drugged, stumbling about men
The herd of cattle soon to be released to the pasture


I see people stay a few days, as I remain to watch the shuffle


What is wrong with him?  
What is wrong with her?
Is she bi-polar or hormonal?
Must be the anti-anxiety medication that gives a woman the look of pregnancy
She cries like a teenager


He gazes off into the distance; did anyone even try to give him medical treatment?


I can't say they are necessarily psychopathic or cray-cray, but they are doing the opposite of well-respected pharmacies

No comments:

Post a Comment